Donald Stewart - Regional Representative (Scotland)
|Donald has been in Practice Management for over 12 years and is the Business Manager of Biggar Medical Practice situated in the attractive market town of Biggar. The practice list size is over 7,000 and its area is some 400 square miles of rural South Lanarkshire and The Scottish Borders. He has previous health care management experience within Primary Care Trusts, the Civil Service and the Army Medical Services.|
Scotland Update – 03 May 2013
Scottish Quality and Outcomes Framework 2013/14
Scottish QOF Guidance for 2013/14 was issued on 1 May 2013 and an electronic copy of the guidance is on the show website at:
Indicators across all domains have been renumbered.
Indicators that apply to Scotland only, and differ from the rest of the UK have (S) after the indicator number.
Directed Enhanced Services
Guidance for this year is not yet issued however it is expected that the existing arrangements for the Violent Patients Scheme, Minor Surgery Scheme, Extended Hours Access Scheme and Palliative Care Scheme will remain unchanged. Agreement has been reached on a new programme of immunisations for Shingles, Meningitis C, Rotavirus and childhood Influenza.
- From June 2013, changes to the current schedule for administering the Men C vaccine, including the removal of the second dose, given at 4 months and the addition of a dose at the S3 booster appointment.
- From September 2013, the introduction of a shingles vaccine for people aged 70 years (routine cohort) and 79 years (catch-up cohort) this year to protect against herpes zoster.
- From autumn 2013, phased implementation of the seasonal flu programme to extend to healthy children aged 2 to less than 17 years will begin. Vaccination will be offered to some pre-school children, accompanied by a limited pilot programme involving primary school children.
- The temporary Pertussis Vaccination programme is being extended, pending a further decision from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). Further advice on the programme will be provided in due course.
- Rotaviris Immunisation will be included in the childhood immunisation programme from 1 July 2013.
The Health and Social Care Integration Bill
The Bill on integration of adult health and social care is being introduced to parliament before summer 2013.
Emis Practices - Key Information Summary
Patch Release B is currently rolling out across Scotland which contains the activation of the Key Information Summary (KIS) within the PCS clinical system. Emis practices should have received user information and a training guide from their local account manager.