Flexible Career and Returner Schemes for GPs
The Flexible Career Scheme (FCS) provides doctors with an opportunity to work flexibly within mainstream general practice while being supported in maintaining their careers.
It is applicable for a wide range of doctors, including:
- doctors who want to work less than 50% of full time
- doctors who want to take time out or cannot work full time, but wish to keep in touch with the profession
- doctors retired or semi-retired from the NHS, or those nearing retirement, who wish to continue working but at a different pace
- doctors currently not working who wish to return to practice and need a period of supervised work.
The FCS information line is 0845 60 60 345
The GP Returners Scheme
Benefits for GPs returning to the NHS include:
- salaried refresher training, tailored to individual needs
- flexible working options – return full time or part time
- even more choices – with the option of joining the flexible careers scheme
- advice and support on childcare