SRCL-forum - a daily email discussion forum for Medical Practice Managers
How to use the forum:
Once you have joined the forum you can:
- Send a message to fpm-forum: send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access the archive: click here (you'll need the username and password which are at the foot of every forum message)
- You can switch back again by sending another email to email@example.com.
Stop messages when you go on holiday: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you return from holiday, send another email to email@example.com to restart the messages
- Leave fpm-forum permanently: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for sending messages to the forum:
- Subject headings: please be succinct in the subject you specify for your question in order that others will be able to find it in the archive. For example, a heading ‘locum pay rates’ will be easier to find in the archive than ‘what do you do about finding out how much to pay a locum?’
- Employment law questions: if you have an employment law question please use the Advice Line, the forum does not accept employment law questions.
- Attachments: due to the risk of viruses, the forum does not accept attachments.
If you change your email address:
If you change your email address (for example to the nhs.net format) please submit a request to join the forum at your new email address (click here to submit your request). Then un-register your old email address by sending an email from your old email address to email@example.com.
A library of draft documents offered by forum members for other forum members to download - click here to go to the Forum Bookcase.