Practice Staff Recruitment
Outline of the FPM Practice Staff Recruitment Service for Assistant Practice Managers, Finance Managers and HR managers
Initially one of our recruitment consultants will contact the practice to get a good understanding of the practice, the way it works and the sort of person the practice is looking for. The recruitment consultant will also:
- Provide guidance on the job description and person specification
- Consider accountability, support and managing arrangements for the person to be recruited (including identifying which member of the practice team will be primarily responsible for the induction and management of the new manager)
- Give guidance on appropriate terms and conditions, in particular salary level and benefits
- Give advice on best recruitment practice, including avoiding any form of discrimination
- Although the practice will be responsible for making the arrangements for advertising FPM will provide assistance, including a draft advertisement.
- Prepare information about the practice, the person sought, and the post (this information will be sent to everyone who responds to the adverts)
- Receive and log all applications and summarise these onto a spreadsheet for ease of assessment. Forward the spreadsheet and the applications to the relevant members of the practice team for shortlisting. FPM will provide help and support to the practice with short listing.
Organise and be present at an interview process at the surgery which takes the form of a half-day session. The half day process will include:-
- Short listed candidates meeting members of the practice
- The candidates working together on a scenario relevant to the specific role (FPM will provide scenarios)
- Individual interviews with members of the practice team (FPM will provide sample questions)
- Individual tests for all the candidates relevant to the specific role (FPM will provide relevant tests)
- At the end of the session the recruitment consultant will facilitate discussions to select the best candidate for the position.
- Give advice on the construction of the offer, on making the offer and obtaining confirmation of acceptance
- Provide a draft offer letter for the practice to use / adapt
- Provide a template letter for the practice to use to request references for the successful candidate
- Provide notes for the partners to use / adapt to prepare the induction programme for the new manager
- During the first few months of employment, keep in touch with the practice and the new manager and ensure that he / she are settling in satisfactorily.
Why choose FPM's Practice Staff Recruitment Service?
At FPM we understand general practice and the roles and responsibilities of assistant practice managers, finance managers and HR managers. Over the years we have overseen the appointment of hundreds of primary care managers. Existing primary care managers and people outside the NHS who are seeking a career in practice management, come to us when looking for a job in primary care management, and we receive dozens of quality applicants for each post we advertise.
Practices that have used our service have found the support and advice invaluable, and many have recommended the service to colleagues - practice staff recruitment service testimonials.
What does the FPM Practice Staff Recruitment Service Cost?
A considerable amount of work goes into providing the comprehensive service outlined above. Our recruitment consultants (who are all current or former practice managers) will put in many days work on each project. We provide all the services described above for a fixed fee of £1,950 + VAT.
If you are interested in our practice staff recruitment service, please contact us using our enquiry form or call us on 0333 240 4010